2-Day Walling Workshop with The Stone Trust
Following the success of last fall’s inaugural instructional walling day, The Stone Trust and Vermont Granite Museum are increasing their commitment to developing a permanent dry stone walling learning environment and training resource for central Vermont!
Hosted onsite at the Vermont Granite Museum in Barre, Vermont, this workshop will feature a full introductory curriculum with hands-on opportunities for beginners and experienced wallers! Each participant will receive:
- an introduction to the fundamentals of structural dry stone walling
- hands-on building experience of about 35 sq. ft. of wall
- instruction led by certified & experienced walling professionals
- opportunities to address project-specific technical questions
- basics of stone shaping and splitting
Join us, and help advance the continued development of one of central Vermont's historic properties while learning to build beautiful walls that can withstand the test of time. Registration is required, and sign-ups have already begun! For more information about this event and to register, visit the sign-up page at TheStoneTrust.org.
We hope to see you there!